Monday, May 25, 2009

Sent

I have been getting a little nervous the past few days just thinking about the enormity of this trip we are about to go on. I am very excited, but in the same breath, I will admit I am nervous. The other night God really spoke to me through something that one of the guys in my men's group brought up. It was out of Acts 9:15. The context of this verse is where the Lord came to Ananias in a vision and was telling him to go to meet Saul and restore his sight. Ananias is more than a little shocked and confused. He knows Saul's background. He knows that Saul was one of the driving forces behind the persecution of God's people. Because of his knowledge of Saul, Ananias does a double take, he questions the God of the universe. Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to Ananias "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel." There is no hesitation in God's answer... "Go". One of the guys in my men's group had this as a side note in his Bible:

"Go!" That was a direct order to Ananias. If God tells you to move, don't stand around asking what you're supposed to do. Don't waste time looking for the right moment to act. Don't wait for other people to open the door for you. Don't let a lack of motivation slow you down. Just go! You have the authority to act. You're an instrument of God, a personal emissary of the ruler of all things. If you're being faithful to his will, no one can safely oppose you or stand in your way. In fact, the only person who can stop you is. . . you.

Did you get that? You have the authority to act. I have been sent from the God of the universe. The same God who kept Daniel's friends from getting burned in the fire, the same God who spoke and the Earth came into existence, the same God who measures the oceans in the hollow of His hand, He is the God who is sending me. So I may be nervous, but it pales in comparison to the fact that I know that God himself has sent me. Praise Him!

3 comments:

  1. AMEN, brother! I share your feelings. In fact, I had a conversation as I was tucking my 8 year old in bed last night. He is SO nervous for me to be gone and I just told him that I was nervous too, but God is telling me to do this and I can't ignore it. He was surprised I said I was nervous, but also, I think, a little relieved. Your words are SO true and SO relevant. Thanks. See you SOON!
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go buddy go!! You will be a blessing to the team, to Sanyu, to Ssenge village, to the city of Kampala, and to the country of Uganda - GO young man GO!!

    Praying you all there and back and praying for your sweet wife and kids at home!!

    He who has promised is faithful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great message from God's heart to yours through your men's group! And it's all framed in "your" word from the Lord. I am so excited for you, for all that God will show you of Himself on this trip, and for all He will do through you. He just needs those who, when they hear "Go", will say "Yes". I am so proud of you for saying yes. I know He will use you. That will be exciting - but not nearly as exciting as just seeing His mighty hand, seeing things that you KNOW are your God at work - showing His power, encouraging His people, and most of all showing His mercy and grace toward frail, fallible people whom He loves. We serve an awesome God, who loves us and the people of Uganda so!

    God gave me some verses from II Corinthians just before I left last year, and I wanted to share them with you:
    3:5 - Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God.
    4:7 - But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing greatness of the power may be of God and not from ourselves.
    5:18 - Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ, and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.
    5:20 - Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.

    I will be holding you, your team, the people of Uganda, and your family up to the Lord daily. "Go in the strength of the Lord", and come home with lots of God stories to bring honor and glory to His name! (And maybe some pictures of my newest grandkids!)

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete