Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Mother's heart

I wanted to write a post that paid tribute to all of the hard work and dedication that my wife shows every day of her life as a wife and a mother. After thinking long and hard about it I realized that just mentioning her incredible attributes would probably not be all that unique. So I decided to remember a few specifics...

Like the time she learned how to crochet baby blankets because her ailing grandma, who had made a blanket for all of the grand kids, was no longer able to crochet. She had one of her friends teach her and with much patience and love, she made two of the most beautiful baby blankets I have ever seen for her two new twin nieces.

Or like the time just this morning when she got up at 6:00 am on Saturday (the only day she doesn't have to get up early) because there was a girl who's car broke down in front of our house and Shauna made her breakfast and talked with her just because she wanted her to feel comfortable.

There's also the many, many times that she has told me how excited that she is for me to be able to go to Africa. Never once has she had a hint of jealousy. I can't say I would be able to do the same.

Every Sunday morning when we get ready for church she makes sure that everyone else is ready first (including me) before she spends whatever time is left getting herself ready, (which usually isn't much with a family of six) but somehow she always steps into church looking like the belle of the ball.

There's the pure joy that I see in her face when I listen to her talk about our kids. You would think that each time she tells a story about what one of them did or said today, it was the first time she had ever seen one so cute.

There are so many things that I could say about my wife on this Mother's day, but I'll just keep counting back the memories... thanks Hun. I love you!

5 comments:

  1. She is a special lady with a special husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sweet and it is I that feels blessed beyond words. Thanks for letting me be a lazy girl all day! I love you and thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears in my eyes! What a beautiful tribute to your sweet wife! I am so glad God brought you two together - His blessing in your lives, and mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so Sweet...
    I wanted to introduce us...we are going with you on the team to Uganda in just a few days! My daughter is Kalyn and I am Shonni. I have also become friends with someone that I think you know in Uganda...Summer and Zane?
    We have loved the 40 days of Prayers to Africa...thank you for sending that out!

    ReplyDelete