Sunday, May 3, 2009

Donations for the orphanage!

The kids and I spent this afternoon going through the things that have been donated so far for me to take to the Redeemer House orphanage in Ug*nda. I am going to be able to take a bunch of necessities with me as well as soome fun things to give out on my trip to Africa. I am so excited. Thank you to all who have donated. I am overwhelmed ny the generosity of people (some of whom I don't even know). I am not surprised however. God's people are everywhere and it is amazing to watch people make such a connection with people they will probably never see. Thanks again for the donations. Here are some pictures of us trying to "organize" and pack.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog!! I am so excited for you!! We love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prepare for an incredible emotional roller coaster. The Lord has blessed in allowing me to travel to Uganda 6 times with the 7th coming two weeks from today. We have been working with orphanages in Kampala, Jinja, and Mukono, as well as IDP camps in Gulu. The people there are so special, so loving, so kind. The children in these orphanages touched my life in ways that I could never imagine. Their smiles, their laughs, their love. Many just wanting to feel loved in exchange, hungering for attention. I pray that the Lord will bless you on your trip. Maybe the Lord will allow our paths to cross their one day. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog and great to see how God is directing you. I am looking forward to meeting you and discovering along with you all that God has for you and us in Uganda. God has so much more for you than you can even imagine. Expect great things! Dwight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justin,
    My name is James, I will also be traveling with you to Ug*nda. I am so super excited too and cannot wait to see what God has in store for us there! My wife and i believe also that God has our child waiting for us and I am so excited to "go" and meet him or her. Great blog! Looking forward to working with you and all the others! Blessings,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! My name is Lexie and I am also apart of the Go team to Uganda!! Can't wait!! I also read about the trip on A Place Called Simplicity and new that this was where I was suppose to be!! I will be meeting up with the group in Dallas (I live in San Antonio)!

    3 more weeks!!!
    Lexie

    ReplyDelete